Guidelines and application forms are available in the History of Consciousness Department office.
The following are required for the emphasis:
1. The student must have a faculty graduate advisor from core or affiliate faculty in History of Consciousness, who serves both on the qualifying exam committee and the dissertation reading committee.
2. The student must take four graduate courses in History of Consciousness. With the approval of the History of Consciousness advisor, one of the four required graduate courses may be an independent study.
To obtain the Designated Emphasis in History of Consciousness:
1. The request for a designated emphasis must originate in the degree-granting department.
2. Student should complete an application, obtain the History of Consciousness advisor’s signature and submit with supporting documentation (copies of the QE and Dissertation Committee Nomination forms) to the History of Consciousness Department office.
3. The History of Consciousness Department will notify the student and the home department of approval for the designated emphasis.