How to Declare the Minor

(Steps 1 & 2 taken from the Registrar's Declaration Instructions)

Step 1: Log into MyUCSC and click the link to submit the Petition for Major/Minor

  • If you are not logged into MyUCSC prior to clicking the petition link, you will need to navigate to your Student Homepage and select the Undergraduate Student eForms tile > Petition for Major/Minor to access the form.

Step 2: Follow all of the instructions provided on the form for the major you're trying to declare. If you have questions, contact your major advising office about the other steps in the declaration process. 

Step 3: Email Sadie Lynn ( for next steps. 


Minor Petition Worksheet